Dec 7, 2018
Be Selfish This Season of Giving
by RidgeCrest Herbals
In this season of giving, it’s easy to forget about your own needs and wants (especially us women and mothers!). While being selfless and giving are very important and admirable qualities, you can’t give all of yourself away. Don’t forget about the most important person, YOU! You can’t pour from an empty cup, and self-care isn’t selfish - it’s a priority and a necessity. So give yourself the gift of self-care during the holidays!
- Don’t force yourself to go or to do things that compromise your personal boundaries
- Don’t force yourself to be around toxic people, even family members
- Take time out to attend to your needs
- Do not put yourself in debt to give others presents, to decorate, or to keep up with the latest and greatest tech or toys
- Keep activities to a minimum, only do what your time and schedule will allow and DON’T feel bad about it!
- Don’t let stress get in the way of joy, if it’s too stressful don’t do it!
- Don’t be afraid of disappointing others, sometimes this is going to happen when it comes to taking care of you, and that’s ok
- Don’t let guilt or shame bring you down
- Remember it’s ok to say no
- Take time to rest, relax, and rejuvenate
- Simplify your family traditions to a manageable level where you get to enjoy the holidays, too!