RidgeCrest Herbals traces its beginnings to a line of natural botanical formulas developed for chiropractors, naturopaths, and other health professionals in the 1980's. Although these formulas were remarkably effective, RidgeCrest struggled to survive. Paul Warnock and Clyde St. Clair came to the rescue, recognizing an opportunity to expand into health food stores and reach a wider audience. Paul and Clyde launched their expansion in 1993, incorporated in 1994, and re-branded as RidgeCrest Herbals in 1996. Their hard work and passion for helping people find natural alternatives paid off, and by 1998, ClearLungs was the #1 natural lung formula in the US market. Today, RidgeCrest Herbals is led by Matt Warnock, Paul's son, who is now owner, and Will Christensen, CEO.
RidgeCrest Herbals is an award-winning developer and manufacturer of safe and effective natural botanical formulas for a variety of specific health needs. A pioneer in the eclectic herbal tradition [link to Herb Nerds] since the 1980's, RidgeCrest Herbals utilities formulations containing ingredients from Chinese, European, Native American, Ayurvedic (India), and other natural disciplines. RidgeCrest has more than 20 products today, each sold primarily through natural product retail locations, as well as online,[link to online store] including the #1 best-selling natural product in the US that targets lung and respiratory health, ClearLungs [link to product page]. We invite anyone interested in learning more about our company and our products to sign up for our newsletter[link], follow us on social media, or call us at 1-800-242-4649.
Values and Philosophy
At RidgeCrest Herbals, our goal is to make the best natural botanical formulas available anywhere, products that make a real difference in our customers' daily lives. We summarize our unique approach in five words: Eclectic, Innovative, Effective, Trust, and Caring.
- We choose the very best solutions from a wide world of possibilities. Often several.
- We are smart, well-informed, current, knowledgeable, curious, and always learning.
- We ask the right questions. We "peel the onion" to understand the root causes of problems.
- We choose the right tools for the job. "A man with a hammer thinks everything is a nail."
- We choose simple, easy, organic, and natural methods wherever possible.
- We favor multiple ingredients, suppliers, channels, and creative ways of doing things.
- What you can find out is often more important than what you know now.
- We need to be the very best at what we do -- not to beat others, but to move the world forward.
- We are always trying to improve and to make the world a little bit better.
- Change is inevitable -- the best way to predict the future is to invent it.
- We practice Kaizen, a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement.
- What was good enough today can be further improved tomorrow.
- We favor multiple over single, simple over complex, and natural over artificial.
- Don't reinvent the wheel. We see farthest when we stand on the shoulders of others.
- Don't be afraid to be different from others. "You have to be odd, to be number 1." - Dr. Suess
- The best innovations are small incremental steps in the right direction.
- Innovations often come from other industries, problems, or cultures. Get a new perspective!
- We get things done -- on time and within budget. We try to always "work smarter."
- We make SMART goals and keep good records. We work efficiently and finish what we start.
- Efficiency lets us accomplish more with fewer resources (time, money, etc.).
- Accuracy measures how closely our reality matches our intention.
- Effectiveness means shooting at the right target.
- We can't all do everything well. We build on our strengths and let others build where we are weak.
- We challenge each other to grow and succeed together.
- We are open and honest about what we do, and about our strengths and weaknesses.
- We do the right thing, even if it costs us. We always try to think, speak, and do good.
- We are reliable. Half of success is just showing up. You can't win if you aren't there.
- If you can't be there, get it covered. If someone else can't be there, cover for them.
- Admit mistakes and fix them, if you can. If problems arise, be direct and kind.
- We respect privacy and confidentiality. Not all information is or should be public.
- We try to be always kind, but especially to customers, team members, and business partners.
- We are friendly, considerate, helpful, polite, caring, empathetic, encouraging, and uplifting.
- Go the extra mile. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- If ignorance explains it, don't go assuming malice. - Hanlon's Razor
- We wouldn't worry what others think of us if we only realized how rarely they do.
- Redwood trees can't grow as tall without interlocking their roots. We support each other.
- Laughter is the best medicine. We are fun to be around, and we want others to have fun too.
- Joy (for us and others) is the purpose of life. If we're not having fun, we're not doing it right.
- If we don't control our emotions, then our emotions control us. Which wolf do we feed?
- Success does not bring happiness, but happiness brings success.
- Joy is the journey, not the destination.